The "HOW TO" Video thread

If it's mechanical, electrical or just downright confusing, this is the place to find and share answers.
Blitz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: The "HOW TO" Video thread

Post by Blitz » 20 Mar 2019, 17:56

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. I'll pick and choose some of the how-to videos we've done since my last post in this thread.

Upgrading your 67-70 Cougar's cooling system to the best factory-style setup:

Replacing the window regulators in a 67-68 Cougar:

Fuel system overhaul on a car that's been sitting for years ('68 Cougar XR7-G in this case):

Convertible top replacement! This is a very in-depth video done by a pro who has been doing this forever. Shown is a '71 Cougar but the same overall concepts apply to 69-70, just know some measurements will be different. Honestly IMO this video proved to me that this is the type of thing to take to a professional and not attempt myself...

Heater core replacement on a '67-'68 with A/C. Many have been waiting for this one for a while. It's a big job but you can do it!

Here's a super easy way for '67-'68 Cougar owners to keep their grilles looking good and straight:

Windshield installation on a '68:

Anyway there are some others I left out, so as always I suggest having a look at the WCCC YouTube channel. If you subscribe, you'll get an email whenever we upload a new video. I don't feel bad about promoting this because we're the only place currently making information-rich videos that pertain solely to classic Cougars, and we don't monetize them (the only ads you'll see on our vidoes are from when I accidentally used music that wasn't royalty-free. Oops :mrgreen: )
-Andrew Chenovick
Photo/Video guy for WEST COAST CLASSIC COUGAR, INC.
Side Gig: FLYING A PHOTOGRAPHY

RIDES:
-1968 Mercury Cougar: original family owned, Polar White, 289-2V, auto, AC / "Snowball" view project thread
-1973 Opel Manta: 1.9L, 5-speed (restored)
-1991 Mazda Miata: fun driver
-1992 Volvo 240 wagon: classy hauling machine

Bluestuff
Registered Member

Post by Bluestuff » 10 May 2019, 16:32

there always seems to be a lot on 67-68 but very little on 69-70 and almost nothing on 71-73 ?
How about more of the later stuff ok ?

Cougars_R_Grr8
Registered Member

Post by Cougars_R_Grr8 » 28 May 2019, 22:30

Pretty decent results:
'68 Standard Cougar - 302 2v F Code ***NEW***
'68 Standard Cougar - 302 4v J Code 4 spd (1 of 536) *SOLD*
'14 Camaro SS vert