Hertz G Driveshaft paint strips.

There were only 619 XR7-Gs built. They were built along side the Shelby Mustang, and were available with every engine and transmission offered in 1968, (except the 427). This was the first Cougar to be a part of the Hertz Rent a Racer program. If you have any information about these rare cats, this is the place to share. The XR7-G registry is maintained by Royce Peterson.
1968XR7G
Registered Member

Hertz G Driveshaft paint strips.

Post by 1968XR7G »

I have a hertz g project car that being delivered in 2 weeks, that is missing the driveshaft. I have acquired a 390 driveshaft that came out of a cougar, and I am in the process of refurbishing the driveshaft. The paint stripes colors on this driveshaft are white maybe light blue and maybe green. I have done some searching on the internet and driveshaft colors for a 390 gt mustang are blue,tan, and white. What would be the correct paint stripes on the driveshaft for a 390 hertz g.

Thanks Scott

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Re: Hertz G Driveshaft paint strips.

Post by CATHOUSE »

I cannot say with any certainty but my thinking would be that the Mustang colors would not be the same as a Cougar due to the driveshafts not being the same part.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95